Click here to see “Carrot Halwa recipe or Gajar Halwa recipe” in Marathi
Gajar kaa Halwa
- 1 Kg carrots (Gajar in Hindi and in Marathi), grated
- ½ Liter Milk
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4-5 Green Cardamom Powder
- Raisins (Manooka)
- 5-6 cashew nuts, chopped
- 2 tsp pure Ghee
- Grated Khoya/Or Mawa [Optional]
- In a bowl, take all carrots and wash them cleanly. Peel the carrots and grate finely
- Take this grated carrot in a Kadai (Do not add ghee or milk at the beginning), now add 1 cup of milk or half of the milk described in ingredients section of this recipe. Keep stirring this mixture until it cooked well or until milk dries out. Add remaining milk and follow the same procedure.
- Once the milk is dried out, Add 2 cups of Sugar and keep stirring until the mixture dries in. We call this mixture as Halwa now upon.
- Once all sugar is melted and the Halwa becomes dry enough apply the 2 tsp of pure Ghee around inner surface of Kadai in which we are cooking Gajar Halwa. Stir well and mix up the mixture few times.
- Now add green cardamom powder, cashew nuts and raisins and continue to cook for few more minutes.
- Serve hot or at normal temperature.
- Do not heat the grated carrot in Ghee first instead cook the grated carrot in Milk which will help keeping natural color of carrot and also it helps making Gajar halwa tastier.
- Applying Ghee at the end will make Gajar Halwa tastier.
To Go back to Home page and explore other categories please click here
To share these recipes with your friends and family use the below or above social icons.