Click here to see Phad or Appe recipe in Marathi
Maharastrian Phad – Appe recipe
Phad or Appe is a common breakfast in all parts of Karnataka and Maharashtra.
It’s easy to make this testy recipe.
• 4 cups rice
• 1-cup urad dal (black gram)
• 2-onions (finely chopped)
• 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Soak the urad dal and rice in two different bowls (overnight).
- In the morning grind to a smooth paste and mixture should be kept covered.
- After 7-8 hours in this mixture add finely chopped onion, 5-6 grinded green chilies, 1 tablespoon caraway seeds.
- Add salt.
- Heat the appe mould and pour a few drops of oil into each depression. Once hot, pour a spoonful of the batter into each mould.
- Cover and let cook on low heat for 3 minutes and turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.