Click here to see IDLI or IDALI recipe in Marathi
- Black gram 2 cups
- 5 Cups Rice
- Salt for taste
- 1 tbsp OIL
- Idli Cooker
- Before making delicious Idlies, Take 5 cups of rice and Black gram as stated above and keep it for soaking for 24 hours after cleaning.
- After soaking for 10-12 hours (Rice and Black gram in separate bowls) grind the mixture of both in Mixie and mix it well. Keep batter aluminum bowl or box in little hotter place
- Probably in the morning (after 10-12 hours) add 1 tbsp OIL and Salt per taste. Mix the mixture well.
- Then apply some amount of OIL to IDLI Cooker (to Stand molds) and fill the IDLI batter in each molds. Cook it for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the HOT IDLI’s with Coconut Chutney or with Sambar