Click here to see Maharashtrian Puran Poli recipe in Marathi
Maharastrian Puran Poli
- 3 cup Gram dal
- 3 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ Nutmeg, 5,6 Cardamoms (green)
- 3 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoon Refined flour, pinch of salt ,1/4 cup oil, rice flour
- Wash the Gram dal & soak in plenty of water for about half hour.
- Add 3 cups of Gram dal in to Pressure cooker, 4-5 cups of water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles
- After 20-25 minutes open the pressure cooker and strain the cooked gram dal.Reserve the remaining water. You can use this water to make ‘Puranachya Katachi Amti’
- Once water is removed completely, add this Dal ito a deep pan. Add Jaggery and sugar in it.Cook this mixture over medium heat.
- The mixture will become thin due to Jaggery and sugar. Keep stirring over medium heat until mixture become thick.
- Once this mixture cooked well, remove the pan from heat and add nutmeg, Cardamoms powder to this mixture while it is hot.
- Grind it well in Puran maker.
- Sift all purpose flour and refined flour together. Add ¼ cup of oil, Salt and mix well. Now add water little by little and make very smooth consistency dough. Squeeze the dough until it becomes very elastic. Put this doug into a bowl and cover it with cap.
- Make 1 and 1/2 inch balls of the stuffing. Also make 1/2 inch or double the size of stuffing balls of the dough. Grease your fingers and spread one dough ball gently to a small round disc. Put one stuffing ball on it. Spread the dough gently over the stuffing’s surface with fingers and cover the stuffing. Use dry all purpose flour to roll the Roti. Heat the tawa, place rolled roti in the center and roast on both sides over medium heat.