Click here to see Masale Bhath recipe in Marathi
Masala Bhath (Masala/Spicy rice)
- 2 cups of Basmati rice/ or old rice (Long grain rice)
- 250 gms Cauliflower
- 1 Cup Green peas
- 1 Cup carrot (Chopped vertically)
- 1 Cup French beans (Chopped vertically)
- 1 Cup grated coconut (Optional)
- Coriander leaves
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- Half inch Ginger and Garlic paste
- ½ Cup cashew nuts
Masala (SPICES) :
1 tsp dry coconut, 1 tsp white Sesame seeds, 3-4 Cloves, 2 Cinnamon, 2, Cardamoms (green), 1 tsp Cumin seed, 3-4 green chillies.
- Clean the rice in clean water and drain water from it.
- Boil the water and keep it. The water should be double of rice quantity.
- Take the Gobi florets from the cauliflower, Chop the carrot vertically (1 inch), Remove the peel from green peas, and Chop the French beans vertically.
- Mix all these vegetables and clean with water
- Take the Masala ingredients (Masala/spices) in the pan with ½ tsp oil and heat well.
- Then grind this mixture and keep it aside
- Take the thick saucepan add oil, Curry leaves and add Ginger and Garlic paste to it
- Once this mixture fried well add all vegetable mixture to it (Prepared in step 3)
- Once this mixture fried well add cashew nuts and also add Rice to it (Prepared in step 1)
- Fry the rice well with this mixture and add the grinded Masala (Prepared in step 6) with boiled water.
- Add pinch of turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Once rice nicely cooked, lower the heat and give a nice stir, cover with lid and let rice cook on medium heat.
- While serving, Drizzle 1 tsp Ghee and sprinkle fresh grated coconut and coriander leaves if you like (Optional)