Click here to see Maharashtrian Pav Bhaji – Spicy and testy recipe in Marathi
-: Pav Bhaji :-
- 1/2 Kg Boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 Kg Onions
- 250 gms Tomatoes
- 10-12 Garlic Petals, 1 inch Grinded Ginger
- 1 tbsp Amchur Powder, 2 tp spoon Pav Bhaji Masala
- 250 gms Cauliflower Finally Chopped, 250 gms Finally Chopped Capsicum
- 200 gms Green Pees
- 1/2 cup Refined Oil
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder. Turmeric powder, Salt
- 10-12 Pav Bhaji Breads/Pavs, 200 gms Amul Butter
- Take the Potatoes, Boil them and mashed them using masher if possible.
- Chop the Onions finely
- Chop the Tomato Finely. Have prepared Ginger and Garlic paste by grinding it.
- In Frying pan take 1/2 cup Refined oil and heat it. Saute half of chopped onion. Once onion is half cooked, add ginger-garlic-chili paste, Pav Bhaji Masala, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Amchoor Powder. Give it a stir
- Add chopped Cauliflower, Capsicum, and Green Peas and Stir it again
- Then add chopped tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes over medium heat until mushy. Mash the mixture
- Then add mashed potatoes to above mixture, add 2 cups of water and salt for taste
- Cook the mixture for 10 mins on medium heat
Before serving, garnish it by adding a small cube of butter, finely chopped onion, coriander leaves chopped finely on Pav Bhaji.
For Bread Pavs, heat nonstick tawa (Flat Griddle). Pour 1-2 tbsp oil or butter on it. Cook one side till it become light brown. Then turn to other side and let it cook. Pour some butter around the Pav. Serve along with Pav Bhaji
- While preparing the Bhav Bhaji (Masala -Curry) you can also add Carrot, French Beans or other Vegetables just make sure that we chopped those vegetables finely and boiled
- The above recipe is sufficient for 5-6 peoples.