Click here to see Dum Aloo Gravy recipe in Marathi
Dum Aloo Recipe
Dum Aloo is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Dum Alu by following this easy recipe.
• 1/2 kg Small Potatoes
• A pinch of Asfoetida
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Chilli powder
• 1 Medium size onion (grated)
• 2 cup Fine Curd
• 4-5 Bay Leaves
• 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
• 4 tbsp Ghee or oil
• 1/2 cup Milk
• Salt to taste
• 2 Cardamoms
• 7-8 Black Peppers
• 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
• 1/4 tsp Caraway Seeds
• 4-5 Cloves
• 1 Small piece of Cinnamon
How to make Dum Aloo (Procedure):-
• Make a fine powder by blending together the ingredients of the masala in a blender. Keep it aside.
• Remove the peel from potatoes and prick them.
• Take oil in a frying pan and heat it for about one minute. Fry the potatoes on a medium heat until their color changes from white to light brown. Keep it aside.
• Add grated onion, asafoetida, bay leaves and ginger-garlic paste to the remaining oil.
• Fry the mixture till the paste turns reddish brown.
• Add the masala prepared and heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add turmeric, chilli powder and salt.
• Fry again for about a minute.
• Now pour the milk to make gravy followed by adding fine curd.
• Keep stirring continuously, add water if the gravy appears too thick.
• Now add pricked potatoes to this gravy and cook in a pressure cooker. Remove from the flame after 4 to 5 minutes just before the first whistle.
• Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
• Dum Aloo is ready to serve.
Hope you all like it. Keep visiting Deepjeevani.com for more recipes.