Click here to see Tomato Omelet Recipe in Marathi
Tomato omelet (Vegetarian)
Most of the people from and around Maharashtra might know this simple and tasty vegetarian omelet. It is one of the special breakfast dish in Belgaum.
3/4 cup gram flour(besan)
1/2 cup wheat flour(optional)
3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tea spn chopped ginger
1 tea spn chili powder or 2-3 finely chopped green chilies
1/2 tea spn coriander powder(optional)
1/2 tea spn cumin powder(optional)
3-4 strands chopped coriander leaves
A pinch of Baking soda
A pinch turmeric
1. Take the water, gram flour, onion, baking soda, turmeric powder, chili powder, oil, salt, chopped coriander leaves,Ginger paste and tomato in a big bowl and mix all them to form a medium thick batter.
2. Now heat a skillet (tava) over medium heat. Smear the skillet with some oil and spread the above prepared batter on skillet.
3. Put a tomato slice in the centre of omlette.
4. When the omlette is cooked, pour a 1 tsp of oil over it and flip it over.
5. Cook the omlette from another side until the omlette is done.
6. Your tomato omlette is ready, serve alone or with tomato sauce and toasted bread.